Technical, Quarrying & Production Information...
Indian Granit Star Galaxy is one of the most popular granites in the world. it is highly durable stone making it perfect One of the hardest of stones, Black Galaxy Granite is excellent for Commercial & Residential projects for flooring, wall stone cladding, curtain walls, water features, counter tops, fireplaces, furniture, backsplashes, elevator panels, interiors, exteriors, kitchen, vanities, tub surrounds & showers and wherever a long lasting, naturally beautiful natural stone is needed.
At our website you can get complete information about Black Galaxy Granite like…Black Galaxy granite types in India, Black Galaxy granite finishes in India, Black Galaxy granite price in India, Black Galaxy granite colors in India, Black Galaxy granite flooring in India, Black Galaxy granite countertops in India and Black Galaxy granite tiles in India, Black Galaxy pictures and other details as we offer best quality black galaxy granite.
The technical geological name for, Black Galaxy Granite is Gabbric Anorthosite. This highly demanding Indian Stone Material has a hardness of around 4.5 on the MoH's scale which can be termed as moderately hard, Indian Granit Star Galaxy is highly resistant to heat and scratches. Black Galaxy granite is formed of molten stone under the intense heat and pressure of inner earth, the magma slowly cooled and crystallized, forming granite. The gold specks on it’s surface are due to the presence of ferrous rich Enstatine (Bronzite). Black Galaxy granite is durable, weather resistant and beautiful.
Technical Specifications for Star Galaxy & Black Galaxy Granite:
Black Galaxy is being quarried in India in Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh in India but being processed in all over India as per the suitability of terms. The original Galaxy material introduced in the early 1980's, with the densest black background and bright reflectors. It’s been estimated that in excess of one million cubic metres of Star Galaxy Granite has been quarried since excavation has started.
Black Galaxy Granite has a fantastic, natural and glossy black color with golden specks that never fades. Star galaxy granite has a rich texture which is being demanded mostly by the homemakers, builders, architectures. Black galaxy South Indian granite variety the golden specks increases the beauty of this natural granite stone, golden colored specks adds additional grace to this natural building stone.
Apart from its awesome looks it has well suitable physical properties that make our Black Galaxy Granite a wonderful choice to be opted in flooring and wall cladding. Firstly, it has perfect resistive properties like water resistant properties, moisture resistant properties, heat resistant properties, climatic change properties, microbial resistant properties; also it has very low or negligible water absorption properties. The best part is that it can be cleaned easily using a soft cloth dipped in soap water. All oily substances, waxes and salts can be cleared off easily and perfectly. For floors Black Galaxy Granite is a perfect material that can be used as it has non slippery surface so it is safe to walk on it.
We are processors of Star Galaxy Granite in the following surface finishes:
- Polished Star Galaxy Granite – Clear shining or gloss and it is easy to clean and maintain best finish for prominence of the natural design and color of the stone. Black Galaxy Granite looks best when it is glossy / polished.
- Honed Star Galaxy Granite - A smooth finish with a slight sheen (non-reflective), produced by using special polishing abrasives.
- Flamed Star Galaxy Granite - The top surface of the Granite Tile / Slabs are burnt off to give it an irregular texture, more rough, anti skid surface, no shine and more sturdy look.
- Brushed / Antique Star Galaxy Granite - The top Flamed surface of the Granite Tiles / Slabs are further finished using nylon or diamond brushes. Surface is always being pre-flamed before applying brushing abrasive bricks.
- Leather Star Galaxy Granite - The Granite Tiles / Slabs are being brushed using a series of diamond brushes for a leather texture, It is more expensive than the brushed face. 8 serially numbered abrasive are being used to make the surface leathered. No need of pre-flaming of the surface for making leather.
- Lappattura Star Galaxy Granite - The top surface of the Granite Tile / Slabs are being brushed and then polished and then again brushed just to get the combination of polished and honed finish.
As far as the surface of the Black Galaxy Granite is concerned…there are 2 major criterion to check the quality of the material….first is the size of the specks and the second is vein / thin line on the surface.
Three types based on the size of the gold specks as:
1. Black Galaxy Granite having large golden specked
2. Black Galaxy Granite having medium golden specked
3. Black Galaxy Granite having small golden specked
Four types based on the veins / line on the surface as:
1. Black Galaxy Granite without any veins / line
2. Black Galaxy Granite with merge-able veins / line
3. Black Galaxy Granite with visible one veins / line
4. Black Galaxy Granite with visible one ore more veins / line
It is very important to note that the vein / lines do not affect the integrity or quality of the material. They are 100% natural and the line/ vein cannot be removed, pricing of the material always depends upon the presence of the vein / line. It is also to be noted….that the presence of natural vein / lines exists in nearly ALL the Black Galaxy Granite Quarries in India.
Gang Saw Size Random Slabs:
2900 mm & up x 1900 mm & up x 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as per your order
2700 mm & up x 1700 mm & up x 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as per your order
2700 mm & up x 1500 mm & up x 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as per your order
Mini Gang Saw Size Random Slabs:
2400 mm & up x 1400 mm & up x 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as per your order
2400 mm & up x 1200 mm & up x 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as per your order
Cutter Size or Vertical Size Random Slabs:
2300 mm & up x 800 mm & up x 16 mm or 18 mm or 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as
per your order
1800 mm & up x 650 mm & up x 16 mm or 18 mm or 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as
per your order
1600 mm & up x 650 mm & up x 16 mm or 18 mm or 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as
per your order
Modular Tiles (polished + well calibrated + beveled / chamfered):
305 mm x 305 mm x 10 mm thick
406 mm x 406 mm x 12 mm thick
457 mm x 457 mm x 12 mm thick
610 mm x 305 mm x 10 mm thick
Cut-to-size Tiles (cut & polished, without calibration):
300 mm x 300 mm x 15mm or 18 mm or 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as per your order
400 mm x 400 mm x 15mm or 18 mm or 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as per your order
600 mm x 300 mm x 15mm or 18 mm or 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as per your order
600 mm x 400 mm x 15mm or 18 mm or 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as per your order
600 mm x 600 mm x 15mm or 18 mm or 20 mm or 30 mm or 40 mm or more as per your order
Tailor Made sizes are also being supplied in the required surface & edge finish:
The Port of loading in India will be: Chennai / Madras Sea Port
Minimum Order Quantity: 420 Square Meters (one 20 ft. container)
Our Supply Ability: 3500 Square Meter/s per Month
Gang saw slabs – 15 days from the date of order confirmation
Tiles – 15 to 25 days from the date of order confirmation
Black Galaxy is commonly known as: Black Star Galaxy Granite, Black Galaxi Granite, Galaxi Black Granite, Galaxy Black Granite, Galaxy Gold Granite, Galaxy Star Granite, Nero Ametista Granite, Nero Galassia Granite, Nero Galaxy Granite, Nero Star Galaxi Granite, Nero Star Galaxy Granite, Star Galaxi Granite, Star Galaxy Black Granite, Star Galaxy Granite, Star Gallaxy Granite.
Nowadays Indian Granit Star Galaxy aka Black Galaxy Granit has become most demanding natural building stone in USA, UK, Poland, Bulgaria, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Italy, Mexico and other countries.